"The grass withers, the flower fades, But the word of our God stands forever." Isaiah 40:8

Thursday 29 May 2014

PowerPoppy - Digi Gerbera Daisies

I am really enjoying the new digi images from PowerPoppy and love that they have challenges! Their very first challenge on the blog is Pop Goes the World colour challenge. Here is my card I made for this challenge:

Elizabeth Whisson, PowerPoppy, Gerbera Daisies, Copic, handmade card


This is the inspiration/colour image:

I have printed the PowerPoppy Digi Gerbera Daisies image onto X-Press It blending card and coloured with Copics. I've also added some glossy accents to the middle of the Gerbera Daisies. The sentiment is from the same set and also printed onto X-Press It blending card. I've used yellow, peach/orange and green Bazzill textured cardstock to make numerous layers on my card. The peach/orange piece has been embossed using Craft Concepts Christmas Vine embossing folder. Lastly I've added three little AnnaBelle Stamps 3 mm sprinkles (#15 lime) to the top right. The edges of each layer have been inked using Distress Ink Wild Honey, Mowed Lawn or Mustard Seed.

Copics used: Y11, Y19, Y38, YR04, BV25, E23, YG91, YG93, YG97, BV00 and the colourless blender.

You can see more cards that I have made using the other PowerPoppy Digi stamps here: Tulips, Peonies and Gladioli.

I am also entering this card in the following challenges:

Thanks for looking!

5 comments :

  1. Alshandra, your card is stunning! All the background details - from the layered papers, to the sentiment, to the embossing, to the gems - create a perfect canvas for your gorgeous flowers. Your colouring: WOW!! Thank you for sharing your bloom-inspired card at Inkspirational Challenges!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card. Thank you for joining us at The ABC Challenge for our 'L is for Lots of Layers' challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous image and a beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at ABC, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these bright colours. Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges. Come back next time! Marina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my goodness gracious this is pretty! These daisies are so perky and fun and I love this color challenge. You did a great job with the colors. The embossed background is fabulous and your photo captures it so well.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are greatly appreciated and I cherish each and every one of them! Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...