"The grass withers, the flower fades, But the word of our God stands forever." Isaiah 40:8

Saturday 2 November 2013

Work in progress - stage two

Been so busy these last few weekends having a 60th birthday and wedding to go to on consecutive weekends. But I have made a few cards and done a bit more work on my canvas in-between all my busyness :-)

Bit more experimenting...
I die cut Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations "Elegant Flourishes" out of chipboard. Put some distress stain (I used "crushed olive" and "pine needles") into mini misters (one colour per mister) and sprayed it on the die cuts.(Note: If you're anything like me - this is VERY messy and best done in a mini "spray booth". I made one out of a clean pizza box and added some sides to it.)


I did the same technique but with different colours to a bought Fabscraps diecut "Decor corner #2" and chipboard diecut from Sizzix in bloom "frame with flowers and swirls". The distress stain colours I used here were "Chipped Sapphire", "Mustard Seed", "Crushed Olive", "Spiced Marmalade" and "Festive Berries".


Continued on with this technique....

These die cuts are from Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations "Hanging Sign". I used the same colours on another chipboard piece (large tag) die cut from Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations "Tiny Tabs and Tags" (no picture for this one).

I then had fun "colouring" another bought diecut piece - butterfly from Kaisercraft wooden flourishes "magical butterflies". The butterfly on the right below is the original colour and you can see how the one on the left turned out :-) I used distress ink ("old paper" and "walnut stain") and then covered the whole thing in Stickles "firefly", let it dry and then added Inkssentials Glossy Accents over the top.


I then took a large fabric Prima Flower from the Fairy Rhymes collection and coloured it with distress stain "antique linen" - straight from the original bottle this time.
Before:

And after:


Also coloured a Prima Marketing Say it with Crystals self adhesive cream embellishment with the same distress stain. Before:

After:

I think I took this picture before I decided that it was a little too dark and blotted off a lot of the colour with a tissue.

I then stuck it down to the right hand side of my canvas:


I then "roughly" (and I mean roughly) laid out my pieces over my canvas. I'm not entirely happy with the layout or colours just yet... but it's getting there - and this is just me experimenting with techniques and materials I've never played with before! :-)

Again - I think I may have taken this picture before I distress stained the flower - but you get the idea.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments are greatly appreciated and I cherish each and every one of them! Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...