"The grass withers, the flower fades, But the word of our God stands forever." Isaiah 40:8

Thursday 10 December 2015

Birthday Wishes

I made this card for a friend's birthday.

Birthday Wishes, PowerPoppy, Elizabeth Whisson, Copic, Alshandra

I think this image is just gorgeous :-) It is Asters Abuzz digi stamp from Power Poppy. The sentiment "Birthday Wishes" is from AnnaBelle Stamps 'Flowers with Love'.

I have printed the digi image on X-Press It blending card and coloured with Copic markers.



Yellow flowers: YR15, YR18 and N4 for shadow with centres: E31, E25 and E49
Purple flowers: V000, V05, V09 and N4 for shadow
Pink flowers: RV63, RV66 and RV69
Green combination 1: YG61, YG63 and YG67
Green combination 2: G43 and G46
Bees: Y13 and 110 + C1 for wings and Stickles Star Dust

I have used orange Bazzill cardstock for the card base and the patterned paper is from DCWV Sweet Tangerine Stack. I've added some Sew Easy fancy floss Coral Reef (orange and white) and some 3 mm pumpkin sprinkles. The panels are inked using Distress Ink Carved Pumpkin (new in 2015).

Power Poppy's Power and Spark challenge over on their blog this month is "Rewind", which means you can choose any of the challenges they've had in 2015. I went with "embellish this" as I've used Stickles, sprinkles and twine/floss on my card.

Thanks for looking!

3 comments :

  1. Very pretty! I like the stickles on the bee's wings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is BEAUTIFUL Elizabeth! Love your colour palette and the card is gorgeous! I bet your friend loved it!! Thanks for playing along with us at Power Poppy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful job on your colouring on this design, your clover looks so real! Thanks so much for joining us at Power Poppy this month!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are greatly appreciated and I cherish each and every one of them! Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...