"The grass withers, the flower fades, But the word of our God stands forever." Isaiah 40:8

Tuesday 29 July 2014

ODBDSLC210 - Sponging or Stencils (Week 2)

Welcome to week 2 of the Our Daily Bread Designs Shining the Light challenge - Sponging or Stencils! You can see the first card that I made for this challenge here. Here is some more inspiration from me for the challenge:


For this card I have stamped the image, from Our Daily Bread Designs Apples, on X-Press It blending card and coloured it with Copic markers. I've then sponged around the edges of the panel with Distress Ink Peeled Paint. 

The sentiment is from the same stamp set, Our Daily Bread Designs Apples, and has been stamped on Bazzill textured green card on the smooth side. I've then made my own stencil using ODBD Fancy Foliage Dies and used that the sponge some patterns around the sentiment and on the other green panel using Distress Ink Peeled Paint.

This is what my stencil looked like once I had finished using it.
The designer paper (DP) is from ODBD Blushing Rose Paper Collection and I've added some green hemp twine around the top of the card.

For more inspiration for this challenge please visit my talented design team sisters:
To see all the projects created for ODBDSLC210 or to join the challenge click here. You have until 8 pm Sunday, 3 August 2014 EDT to join us (or 8 am Monday, 4 August 2014 AWST). By participating in the challenge, you have a chance to be placed in a monthly draw to win a $15 ODBD Gift Certificate that can be used towards the purchase of stamps in the “stamps column” in the ODBD store; or to be spotlighted on the ODBD Blog at our next challenge! The random prize winner will be posted on the first challenge of each month.

Close up of the Apples image coloured with Copic markers

Another angle - you can see the glitter from the AtYou Spica pens I used on the image
My husband, two little girls and I are on holidays this week up in Exmouth, Western Australia (and will later visit Shark Bay). It's wonderful to visit friends that we haven't seen for a while and share our love of the LORD. Holidays are usually fun but sometimes things do go wrong and we have already seen God's hand over us in the short time we've been away so far. We feel so blessed to be able to travel around and visit God's wonderful creation. How awesome is our God!

Materials List
Copic markers: E21, C3, G14, E29, C5, R35, E23, E27, YG01, G43, G0000, Y23, N6, G12, E25, R59, R46, G46, 0, C9, R22 and Y11.
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Distress Ink Peeled Paint and Walnut Stain
Cardstock / DP: Bazzill textured green and brown, X-Press It blending card and ODBD Blushing Rose paper collection
Other: AtYou Spica pens, green hemp twine, X-Press It double sided tape and X-Press It high tack foam mounting tape.

Thanks for looking!

5 comments :

  1. What a beautiful card Elizabeth!! I just love your vibrant and coloring of the apples. They look so real!! Your use of the added foliage and sponging with the rustic wood paper is beautiful! Beautiful my friend!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I just love that basket of apples! I recently ordered that set!
    Your card is so pretty with your sponging and stenciling!!! I love the stencil made from the flourish!
    Great idea!! Love how you've colored the apples too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful!! Love, love, love your homemade stencil!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Elizabeth, this is gorgeous! This apple basket is a favorite, and you've really colored it beautifully! And I love your layout and your great stenciling with Fancy Foliage! Fabulous idea that really adds so much to your card! Love it all! Hugs, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore this beauty Elizabeth! Excellent coloring, sponging and really love your stencil! Really creative! Enjoy your vacation and be safe!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are greatly appreciated and I cherish each and every one of them! Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...