"The grass withers, the flower fades, But the word of our God stands forever." Isaiah 40:8

Sunday 19 January 2014

CAS #1

CAS is not my usual style but sometimes its nice to make a quicker card! Both the below card and this one are from Annabelle stamps and coloured with Copics.

This is Lil Monster Valentine (although I used him for a birthday card):
Elizabeth Whisson, Annabelle Stamps, Lil Monster, happy birthday, CAS, copic


I am entering this card in:
1. Annabelle stamps challenge AC175 - a sketch
2. Simon Says Stamp - Monday Challenge - Anything Goes;
3. As you like it - favourite CAS design - as I said at the top of my post, I'm not big on CAS cards but this design has appealed to me and I made a few cards using this design over the weekend (didn't post them all!);
4. Through the craft room door challenge - Anything Goes;
5. Papertake Weekly Challenge - New Year New Stash - Both of the Annabelle Stamp sets that I've used on this card are new to me - got them for Christmas :-) ;
6. Creative Craft Challenges 2 - New - these two stamps sets that I've used on my card are new to me - got them for Christmas; and
7. Incy Wincy Designs - Add Texture - I used the Copic colourless blender to give Lil Monster's "hair/fur" texture and have added liquid pearls to the sunflower and glossy accents to the bow on the present.

Some more photos:
I used the Copic colourless blender to create the texture on Lil Monster's "hair/fur". I would normally apply it using a cloth or some type of material but this time I just used the brush nib and pressed down in little rows of "rectangles".
Added liquid pearls "pumpkin" and "buttercup" for texture on my sunflower. I also added glossy accents to the bow on the present but it didn't photograph very well.
Copics:
   Hat and shirt - BG70, BG72, BG75, BG78
   Hair/Fur - W1, W3, W5 and BV25 for shadow
   Sunflower - Y11, Y17, YR04, E31, E55, YG21, YG23, YG25
   Present - Y11, Y17, YR04, B91, B95 and BV25 for shadow
   Eyes, Tooth and toenails - E40
   Ground - W1, W3, W5, W7
Stamps: Annabelle Stamps "Lil Monster Valentine" and "Helen's Party" (sentiment)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black and Distress Ink Iced Spruce
Cardstock / DP: Creativ textured (grey), X-Press It blending card and DP from Annabelle stamps mini paper stack
Dies: None
Other: Liquid pearls "pumpkin" and "buttercup", Inkssentials glossy accents, clear embossing powder (on "happy birthday") and double sided tape.

13 comments :

  1. Love the use of Glossy Accents and Liquid Pearls to create your texture on your card. I have never used Liquid Pearls but Glossy Accents is definitely a favourite of mine! Thanks for sharing your delightful card in the texture challenge at Incy Wincy Designs this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card - I love this little monster he is one of my favs:)xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cuuuute! Your little monster make a great birthday card and I love the accents to the flower. Thanks for joining us at TTCRD - XX Cara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute, fun card. Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Challenges 2 in our "New" challenge and good luck. Hugs, Gale DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very cute! Love the added detail to the flower! Thanks for joining along with the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so gorgeous! Love the colours and your colouring he looks so cute!
    TFS with us this month :)
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  7. He's a cutie (for a monster!), and your colouring is beautiful. Love how you've done his fur.#Hugs
    Annette - Netty's Cards
    xx
    Proud to design for :
    Crafty Little Fairies,
    Top Tip Tuesday,
    ABC Christmas,
    As You Like It,
    Pink Gem Designs,
    The Stamp Basket, and
    Stampfairy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How good does Lil Monster look!!! Love his matching T and hat! Thanks for joining in the fun at AnnaBelle's :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That guy is just so cute ... adorable card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a brilliantly coloured monster, Elizabeth ... love the texture on the sunflower! Congratulations on getting a Top Three spot with this little cutie at Annabelle Stamps! Thanks so much for coming by my blog and leaving me some sweet words ... it's much appreciated! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are greatly appreciated and I cherish each and every one of them! Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...