"The grass withers, the flower fades, But the word of our God stands forever." Isaiah 40:8

Sunday 5 June 2016

Birthday card and Box of Flowers

It was my Mum's birthday a few weeks ago and this is the card I made for her.

Tulips in hobnail pitcher, Copics, PowerPoppy, AnnaBelle Stamps, birthday, handmade card, flowers, jug, vase, Elizabeth Whisson, Alshandra

The image is a digital stamp "Tulips in Hobnail Pitcher" by PowerPoppy (love those images!) and the sentiment is from AnnaBelle Stamps "Standing Tall". I've partially diecut the image using a circle die and fussy cut the rest. Layered the image and added some enamel dots to finish.

Copic colours used
If you can't see the Copic colours in the image: RV00, E53, E97, RV17, RV69, G28, RV29, 0, G24, BG78, E99, RV13, E07 and G20.


I then made my mum some flowers in a box :-)

Elizabeth Whisson, Alshandra, Sizzix bigz dies, Flower layers #7, flower layers with heart petal, dragonfly, we r memory keepers gift box punch board, split pins, bouquet, ladybug, ladybird, handmade

The flowers are all diecut using Sizzix "Flower Layers with Heart Petal" and "Flower Layers #7" bigz dies. I first glued some designer paper together to make it double sided, then diecut the flowers. Curled / rumbled them a bit with some foam and a stylus, then layered them together and fastened with a split pin. I wound some thin wire to the back side of the split pins for stalks. The box is made using We R Memory Keepers Gift Box punch board. I then scrunched up some scrap paper and glued it in the box so I had something to push my flower stalks in to. Once all the flowers were in place I added some Perfect Pearls and sprayed with a little water.


Thanks for looking!

1 comment :

  1. Oh, Elizabeth, your tulips are gorgeous, and your coloring is exquisite! I love the rich colors you've used! And what an amazing box for your mum for her birthday! What a gift of love for her so beautifully made! So glad to see you posting more often! Big hugs, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are greatly appreciated and I cherish each and every one of them! Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...