"The grass withers, the flower fades, But the word of our God stands forever." Isaiah 40:8

Sunday 31 January 2016

Stretched Hellebores

Just popping in quickly to share a card I made. I coloured this image up a few days ago using watercolour pencils but only got around to making it into a card today.

Elizabeth Whisson, Power Poppy, Hellebores, watercolour, Alshandra, Mother's Day

The image is a digi called Hellebores from Power Poppy. Power Poppy have a challenge at the moment to "Stretch Yourself", so I've stretched the digi vertically before printing onto watercolour card. The whole card measures 3.5" x 6". I've then used my Scorbug thing to make the pierced dots around the edge (first time I've actually used it on a card even though I've had it for about 3 or so years now!).

The sentiment is also a digi from Power Poppy from the Flowering Branches set. 

You can find all the details about the PowerPoppy Stretch Yourself challenge here. I've stretched the digi, used a tall card format (which is new for me) and used my scorbug for the first time!

Thanks for looking!

This card is also for sale in this album on my facebook page.

4 comments :

  1. Hello Alshandra: I just saw your card on the Power Poppy gallery and I love it, how clever to stretch this image like you did. I love how you colored it, water coloring is what I love to do so I totally appreciate the beautiful work you did.
    Thank you for sharing at the Power Poppy gallery.

    Maria Rodriguez.
    www.swimbikerunandstamp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Elizabeth, this is gorgeous, and I love your coloring! What an elegant card with the tall format and this amazing image! Simply beautiful, and it's a joy to see you posting again, sweet friend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such lovely colouring on these hellebores Elizabeth! The clean design really shows off the beauty of the colours! Thanks so much for joining us at Power Poppy!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are greatly appreciated and I cherish each and every one of them! Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...