"The grass withers, the flower fades, But the word of our God stands forever." Isaiah 40:8

Friday 13 March 2015

Whimsy Stamps - Dyanne

I never tire of colouring-in Whimsy Stamps - especially all the ones designed by Sylvia Zet - what a talented artist! This stamp is called "Dyanne" (Wee Stamps for Whimsy Stamps) and I've made the card for a friend's daughter who recently had surgery. Here is my card:

Whimsy Stamps, Dyanne, fairy, Copics, Elizabeth Whisson, Copic Sketch, Copic Ciao, Live and Love crafts, Liquid Pearls, Stickles, stardust, handmade card, flowers, glossy accents, ODBD Fancy Foliage dies, Spellbinders dies, scrapdots

The image is a digital stamp but she is available as a rubber stamp on the Whimsy Stamps website (as they no longer sell digi stamps). I printed her onto X-Press It blending card and coloured with Copic markers.

Copic colours that I used
Skin: E000, E00, E21, E11, E04 and R20 (blush)
Hair: Y23, E15, E09, E29
Crown: R81, R83, R85, R89
Clothes and Shoes: B91, B93, B95, B97, B99 (blue) and R81, R83, R85, R89 (pink)
Wings: R81, R89, Y11, V01
Flowers: V01, V12, V25, V28 and Y15 for the centres
Greenery: YG03, G24 and G28
Background (dots): B91, R81, Y11, V01
Ground: N1, N3, N5

Here's an image with the Copic colours I used if you're interested (feel free to pin):

The DP that I've used to make my card is "Lili of the Valley and NitWit Collections by Mary Fran - Bonnets and Bowties" and I've used Bazzill heavyweight cardstock. I've inked the layers with Distress Ink Milled Lavender.

Flowers are from AnnaBelle Stamps (now closed) and Live and Love Crafts. I use a combination of quick dry glue and scrapdots to attach leaves / flowers to my card. For cardstock / paper leaves I use the Helmar 450 quick dry glue.

The two foliage dies I used are ODBD Fancy Foliage dies and Spellbinders Foliage Two dies.

Lastly I added some Stickles (Stardust) to the wings and crown and then placed some liquid pearls over the image - I used Buttercup and Lavender Lace. I also placed some small dots of glossy accents randomly over the background.


My daughters know this little girl and were quite concerned and asked many questions about her surgery. They both wanted to make something for her too - these are the cards they made:
Made by my eldest daughter (6). Image: La La Land Crafts - Sassy Princess Marci


Coloured by my youngest daughter (3). Images: PowerPoppy Countryside Bouquet, Geraniums Take Two and Big Scripts.


Praying that this little girl (and another little boy I know) both recover from their surgery as quickly as possible.

Thanks for looking!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments are greatly appreciated and I cherish each and every one of them! Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...