"The grass withers, the flower fades, But the word of our God stands forever." Isaiah 40:8

Sunday 17 August 2014

Mother to be

My sister in law is due to have a baby in November and I have had this image coloured for AGES... but only just got around to making it up into a card for her and her husband!

Elizabeth Whisson, pregnant lady, digital stamp, handmade card, Mo Manning, Mothertobe1, Mother to be, shabby chic, Copics, copic markers, copic sketch, frantage, embossing powder, green tara, live and love crafts, Annabelle Stamps

The image is a digital stamp from Mo Manning called "Mother to be 1". It is printed on X-Press It blending card using my HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus and then I've coloured it with Copics.

I've cut quite closely around the image and then distressed the edges and inked with Distress Ink Tea Dye. I've then sprinkled some Stampendous! Frantage Shabby Blue embossing powder around the edge and heated the embossing powder from underneath the cardstock so it didn't get blown away.

My card base is Bazzill textured Flamingo and the papers I have used are Prima Marketing Jodie Lee Designs Delight. I distressed and inked the edges of all the paper pieces. 

The Congratulations sentiment is from AnnaBelle stamps "Swirl Tree" and the lace is from Green Tara. The flowers and berries I bought from Live and Love crafts with some pearls from Flourish with a Bling. There is also a white paper doily hiding under there that I inked and added some embossing powder.

I've always admired people who can put together these types of cards and this is not my usual "style" so I took my inspiration from one of Alyce Keegan's cards' "Tilly". You can find the card in Alyce's Whimsical Project Class on the Kit and Clowder website.

Here is another photo:
Elizabeth Whisson, pregnant lady, digital stamp, handmade card, Mo Manning, Mothertobe1, Mother to be, shabby chic, Copics, copic markers, copic sketch, frantage, embossing powder, green tara, live and love crafts, Annabelle Stamps

Copic colours used:
Hair: E50, E31, E25, E29
Skin: E000, E00, E11/E21/E11, E93
Top: BG000, BG11, BG23, BG34, BG49
Skirt: R00, R11, R22, R20
Shoes: R11 and R20

Thanks for looking!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments are greatly appreciated and I cherish each and every one of them! Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...